We are a Leeds based legal firm with multiple offices across the country wanting someone to join our App Dev team to assist build market leading, innovative solutions. We’re the applications team behind the law firm, and we build the innovative solutions behind services the firm uses. We own our case management system and put our effort into making sure the services we create remain our USP.
We’re looking for an application support or 3rd line support engineer to work alongside the various development and support teams and strengthen our response time to changes, system patches, system change and assist in general support of the organisation as we continue to win clients and onboard them at a rapid pace. You will need to have excellent analysis and investigatory powers as well as great interpersonal skills to identify the source of any problems raised, get advice from the right teams, understand requests, apply fixes and document and publish the solutions.
Skills or tech you will need or be involved in;
- Strong stills in querying and updating data in SQL (we use SQL Server)
- Ability to read and understand code, scripts and data
- Understanding of the development tools and source control tools (Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio) would be a beneficial.
- Knowledge of data from sources other than SQL would beneficial – i.e. CSV, XML, JSON or documents
- Familiarity or understanding of development languages such as C#, HTML, JS, and VBA
- An understanding of how web services and their results work.
As we grow as a firm over the next two years, this role is expected to evolve with us as we re-imagine our estate and introduce new technology (such as NoSQL DBs) and cloud-based solutions (Azure). It will certainly be an interesting and varied role for the person and we’re looking for a candidate inventive enough to create tools to help fix faster in future or even review the code and completely resolve!
If this sounds like you – please get in touch.
For more live vacancies visit https://searchdatagroup.co.uk/vacancies/Apply Now