SearchDATA Group is currently recruiting a BI Developer for a growing financial services organisation in Horsforth.
What they can offer:
- An annual performance-related bonus and salary review
- 25 days holiday as standard, rising to 28 with length of service (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days), PLUS bank holidays
- Access to our clients flexible benefits and staff discounts platform.
- 5% Employer Pension Contributions, rising to 7.5% with length of service
- Company-funded Income Protection and Life Assurance Cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity policies
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)
- Fee-Free Financial Advice, including mortgages and insurance
- Hybrid Working – 2 days at home a week
What you’ll be doing:
Supporting the development of BI systems and data, this involves:
- Supporting the maintenance of a data warehouse.
- On-boarding new data, transforming existing data and improving the data held
- Storing and maintaining relevant metadata.
- Helping develop new ways for our client and its members to make the most of the data available.
- Governing data (maintaining and updating access lists).
- Ensuring all processes are GDPR compliant.
- Support their PBO process through continuing to develop the data migration abilities.
- Support the Business Intelligence Leader and support business continuity by carrying out tasks as appropriate.
- Ad-hoc data work as determined by the Business Intelligence Leader.
On a typical day, this role will be:
- Building, maintaining, and developing data capability.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders on data availability and functionality. Included within this will be owning a release schedule, ensuring stakeholders are aware of what abilities will be available & when.
- Maintaining ETL processes, ensuring all the data transfers utilised across the BI infrastructure operate effectively.
You will have the following skills:
- Ideally educated to degree level in a technical subject (Science, Maths, computer science etc.) or equivalent experience (e.g. extensive SQL use in a development role would also be considered).
- Logical and creative individual with a keen eye for detail
- Significant SQL & programming skills
- Experience with the MS BI Stack (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
- Experience building and maintaining warehouses
- Problem Solver
- Comfortable managing data
- C#/.Net development experience
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Data Analysis experience
- Knowledge of Intelligent Office
- Experience in the finance sector