As part of a 50-strong Business Development department, the Clients & Markets team is at the heart of the firm’s vision to deliver a distinctive client experience. The team is responsible for outstanding business development support, client service delivery, sector-focus, client-focused growth and other major firm-wide initiatives that are central to the firm’s ambitious growth plans. As a result, there are many opportunities within this role to work closely with our partners and other internal clients as well as external clients. Joining the team at this point offers a truly exciting and rewarding opportunity.In this role you will support the Senior Business Development Manager for the Financial Institutions & Services Sector, one of Gowling WLG’s four core sectors, and the Corporate, Finance and Tax (CFT) practice group, and take responsibility for tasks contributing to the delivery of CFT growth and development. The role will be based in Birmingham but travel to London will be expected from time to time.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the Senior Business Development Manager for Financial Institutions & Services and CFT with the creation of business development activities and initiatives, liaising with fee-earners and other parts of the firm as needed.
- Taking responsibility for tasks contributing to the delivery of the firm’s client strategy and sector focus.
- Attending and contributing to certain team and sector / taskforce meetings, as required.
- Reviewing and refreshing key marketing collateral and web pages with support from Snr. BDM and the Communications team.
- Researching markets, hot topics and target clients.
- Supporting specific BD projects, e.g. key industry events, thought leadership pieces and bids.
- Regularly running and sharing financial reports.
- Overseeing production of the internal newsletter reporting on the CFT practice group and its activities.
- Keeping key, publishable client lists up-to-date and creating targeted mailing lists for events and publications.
- Ensuring client and target information is accurate on the InterAction CRM database and encouraging lawyers to use this key tool to capture BD activity.
- Supporting on Key Account management.
- Developing target pipelines as required, including monitoring progress and updating information on the InterAction CRM database.
- Managing the transaction tracking process to deliver timely information on deal completions for pitches, creds, PR, awards, etc.
- Events support from time to time.
- Supporting the wider business development team as appropriate, (including Corporate Communications and Bids).
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by any Partner, Senior Manager or other key stakeholder in the firm.
You will have:
- Previous experience in law or the professional services sector (desirable).
- An interest in and awareness of the financial services sector (advantageous).
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with outstanding grammar and communication skills.
- Curiosity, drive and a desire to learn new skills and ideas.
- Excellent IT skills, with extensive experience of Word, Excel (incl. creating pivot tables), and PowerPoint.
You will be:
- A self-motivated, positive team player with initiative, a can-do approach and the ability to build rapport at all levels.
- Able to work within tight deadlines, demonstrating a flexible approach to deliver tasks and projects on time and with high quality outputs.
- Numerate and able to analyse financial data and spot trends.
- Happy to support other individuals and teams when needed.
What We Can Offer You
The opportunity to work for a firm which has been recognised as one of the best places to work in the UK and has been ranked by Great Place to Work® for 22 consecutive years. Excellent benefits, including:
- A hybrid approach to office and remote working, with up to 50% remote working available.
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy up to a week’s extra annual leave
- Free private medical insurance, and the option to add family members
- A generous pension allowance
- Life assurance covering four times your annual salary
- The chance of a three-month sabbatical every five years
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes
- A range of health and wellbeing programmes
- State of the art offices, in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, with an onsite restaurant
- Opportunities to flourish in your role through training and personal development
The company is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment. we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our aim is to fulfil everyone’s potential and together to achieve personal and business goals.Apply Now