Are you a data engineer or SQL Database developer looking for a challenge? Are you seeking that next move into the world of data engineering in a supporting environment?
If the answer is yes to any of the above, SearchDATA Group is currently recruiting a Junior Data Engineer / SQL Database Developer for a well-established professional services business based in Manchester and would love to discuss this position with you.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to join a multi-disciplined team that is responsible for the development and maintenance of bespoke applications, system integrations and Analytics based solutions. You’ll be working across a varied technology stack, have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects, as well as develop within Azure; utilising SaaS offerings.
This position provides the perfect opportunity for somebody looking to develop their technical skills and their career further. Our client has a culture built on rewarding success and hard work with financial gains and advancement within the company, so if you have the right attitude, you will go far!
What we can offer
• £40-50k basic salary DOE
• 5% Personal Bonus • Generous holiday entitlement – including Christmas shutdown not requiring annual leave (circa 27 days)
• Industry specific training on cutting edge tech
• Pension Contribution which is matched up to 4.5%
• Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers, Fresh Fruit delivered daily
• Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by BUPA
• Excellent Social Calendar – Group Summer and Xmas Parties, Friday drinks every week, Frequent team nights out and events
• Other benefits – including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers
• 2 days per week working from home
The Role Get involved in…
• Database architecture, design and modelling.
• Database migration of on-premise databases to the cloud
• Database migrations and integrations including the use of APIs.
• Understanding of performant and secure code and the change control process.
• Stakeholder management and project delivery.
• Adopting a continuous improvement methodology and delivering a best-in-class service to the business.
• Availability, recoverability, and performance of data applications within our estate.
• Monitoring of data applications and data integrations with proactive and automated maintenance.
• Server and database security of data applications
• SQL Server 2012 and upwards ideally with exposure to Azure SQL Servers & Databases
• Advanced T-SQL skills. (Query performance optimisation/tuning, primary and foreign keys, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions, statistics, DMVs)
• API, SOAP and REST • Data backup and restore techniques
• Data types, XML, JSON & Querying off
Skills you can learn here:
• Azure / ADF / Logic app / blob storage knowledge
• Azure Data Factory
• SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS