Location: Bedford, salary: £45k + 20% yearly bonus
SearchDATA is currently recruiting for a Data Engineer to join one of our clients at their offices in Bedford.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone that has 5+ years experience ingesting, transforming, and supporting data processes within MS SQL server environments with elements of both DBA and development work.
You will also have experience with thee below:
- SQL Server 2017/19 and writing T-SQL Proven experience using T-SQL for the production of datasets SQL Server and database manipulation, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, views etc. Strong DML and DDL
- Experience using SSIS (Visual Studio) for ETL, including package deployment, orchestration etc.
- Comfortable working with a range of sources and connectors (OLEDB, ODBC, XML and Flatfiles, API Integration)
- Good understanding of dimensional models and Data Warehousing (Kimball)
- Relational database design principles, including Performance Tuning and Indexing
- Experience in effectively coaching novice developers
- Good data analysis skills (including data profiling)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
In this role, you will be responsible for developing accurate, efficient data transformations which meet customer needs to agreed timescales as well as ensuring the stability, robustness, and resilience of the projects you design and build, enjoying substantial autonomy while working within agreed standards and you will deliver immediate value through improved utilisation of existing architecture – (MS SQL Server for warehousing, SSIS for ETL and Oracle as a source DB) – to start building the data warehouse.
You will initially be based remotely, however, there is an expectation to work from the client’s Bedford office 2-3 days/week. This role is suitable for candidates that are considering permanent and fixed term contracts, and some of the benefits include a car allowance, guaranteed yearly bonus, 25 days holiday, generous pension contribution etc.
If you have the skills mentioned above, please apply for immediate consideration.
Location: Bedford, salary: £45k + 20% yearly bonusApply Now