Remote with travel to Leeds office
SearchDATA is currently partnered with a legal firm who are creating a data focused team to take advantage of historical data to provide the organisation with better insights.
Within this role you will work alongside a Data Scientist. You will use your in depth data engineering skills to extract information from a variety of sources both internal and external to the organisation.
These data sources will be a in a variety of formats from SQL Server Databases to CSV, Excel, JSON, XML. Taking information out unstructured data sources including free text, Images and Video will also form part of your responsibilities.
What we can offer
- Up to £50k dependant on experience
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Career progression opportunities
- Contributory pension
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and being able to articulate findings in our data to multiple audiences including Technical and Non-technical personnel.
- Ability to guide and mentor staff.
- Has a passion for all things data.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive coding experience in: T-SQL, .Net framework, .Net Core.
- Experience of working with Relational and non-relational data structures.
- Experience of extracting data from unstructured data source such as free text, PDF, word documents and images.
- Working Knowledge and practical experience of using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Experience of interacting and RESTful and SOAP based webservices to retrieve data.
- Experience of cleaning and de-duping information
- Experience of working with Master Data Management solutions to assist with data cleansing activities and records management.
- Working Knowledge and experience of the Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing
- Able to design, build, test and maintain data management systems
- An understanding of how data is prepared for machine learning models
- Using feature engineering techniques to prepare data for training machine learning models.
- Experience of developing in Python and/ or R.
- Experience of implementing Microsoft Data Quality Services (DQS)
- Educated to bachelor’s degree or above in a Computer science discipline
- Previous experience of creating visualizations using PowerBI / Tableau
- Certifications and/or a fundamental understanding of the Microsoft Azure Platform.
Candidates from an insurance or legal background will have a distinct advantage in securing this role.
For all live vacancies visit https://searchdatagroup.co.uk/vacancies/Apply Now