SearchDATA Group is currently looking to recruit a Data Product Manager for a well-known business based in Egham. The vast majority of this role can be conducted remotely but there may be the occasional requirement to go to head office on an infrequent basis.
Our client is looking to leverage your product management expertise, knowledge of the data landscape, ability to source, license, analyse and ingest data, to deliver products for the Supply Chain Analytics Team.
Despite being market leaders in their field, our client believes that there’s always room for improvement, and this is especially true with their data and analytics capabilities. That is why our client is embarking on a transformation programme that will see the business create value from their data by implementing some of the latest and best tech on the market and creating a data driven culture.
For further context on this; our client is implementing Tableau, Informatica and Snowflake – the Cloud Data Warehouse software. We do not need Snowflake or Informatica experience, but this role offers the chance to learn and work with one of the most up and coming and most valuable technologies in the data market right now. If you haven’t already, have a look into Snowflake, it’s an impressive piece of kit.
Role Specific Job Duties
- Join the Supply Chain Analytics Team to take a lead in sprint planning and daily stand-ups.
- Plan, build, and deliver data products to market. Measure and ensure product success once launched.
- Extracting data from legacy applications across the world.
- Identify, research, evaluate and test new data sources globally.
- Manage projects with data analysts & contractors to compile and refine data.
- Engage with data source providers, and lead or participate in contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations and requirements.
- Maintain product roadmap for global data products in conjunction
with product leadership.
- 4+ years of data related product management experience.
- Ideally demonstrable experience in retail or service industries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to summarize and present findings from experiments/research to executive-level stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, logic, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Able to work under minimal supervision with latitude for independent judgment
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Worked in a B2C environment.