Are you looking to join a company you can truly grow with that provides industry training, support for obtaining certifications, and clear career progression paths and opportunities?
One of the clients we work most closely with, a legal firm in Leeds city centre that specialises in the financial and insurance sectors, is looking for an IPaaS Developer to build and maintain business system integrations, which are to be designed, developed and implemented to facilitate the efficient transfer of data between internal business systems, external cloud services, government portals and client systems.
This is a brand-new role and no one else in the team is focused on this specialism, so this is a brilliant opportunity for you to come in, really make the role your own, take full ownership of your work and offer guidance on and help implement integration best practices.
They have a top-notch development team, a friendly, supportive and trust-based environment, are truly passionate about retaining and rewarding talent, and provide training and ample opportunities for career progression, no matter what your ambitions are. They’re all about sharing knowledge and experiences, and they always recognise everyone’s input and contributions.
If you are passionate about your personal development, they will help you set up a plan to support this from the outset. They are also great at setting up frequent reviews to ensure you are staying on track and feeling that you are both adding value to the business and getting what you need from your job.
Your main goals and expected achievements will be the delivery of business process efficiencies through the creation and development of integration processes (they currently use the Boomi platform, but experience with other platforms is just as welcome) and the management and improvement of integration processes and standards to drive and control data movement around the business and to and from clients.
Alongside this, it’s essential that you are capable of and enjoy building close working relationships with colleagues in order to help support the identification of new opportunities for system integrations.
As such, they are looking for an outstanding communicator and a proactive problem-solver with a great work ethic, a willingness to learn and upskill and a continuous improvement mindset when it comes to your work!
What we’re offering:
- A salary of up to 50k
- A very flexible hybrid working arrangement – details can be negotiated depending on personal circumstances and distance to the office, etc
- Access to industry-leading training and certifications
- Clear expectations and opportunities for development and career progression
- Demonstrable experience in a similar development role
- Hands-on experience of driving forward integration projects and implementing iPaaS integration tools and platforms such as Boomi or others
- Experience of implementing and using APIs
- Experience in REST and XML technologies
- An understanding of the development and build lifecycles, utilising source control and unit testing
- The ability to own the design and setting of technical specifications for API development using Waterfall/Agile methodology
- Experience working with and manipulating XML/JSON, and flat file documents
- Working knowledge of database technologies
- A good understanding of master data management and experience of using data catalogues
- A good understanding of integration patterns and best practices and standards, as well as the ability to offer guidance on and implement these
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills required, with the ability to carry on root cause analysis and identify operational processes and then drive corrective / preventative action plans
- Strong documentation skills and a great eye for detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to discuss and break down technical concepts and relevant information to non-technical internal and external parties in an accessible manner
- Design and develop new interfaces for business systems using the Boomi iPaaS platform (transferable experience from using other platforms is welcome)
- Manage and maintain existing integrations within the Boomi platform
- Be the subject matter expert in Integration Development
- Provide peer review, advice and best practice guidance to colleagues on Integration Development
- Ensure that all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Proactively identify gaps, performance issues and new opportunities to improve efficiency
- Proactively execute improvements and optimize integrations
- Create documentation of the supported systems and software
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate data catalogue for all data items that are included in business system integrations, describing the data being transferred, the purpose, the format, and any dependencies