SearchDATA is currently partnered with a retail firm who are recruiting for a Java Technical Lead, this is a critical role in the IT department, providing technical leadership to an agile cross-functional software development team comprising software engineers, QA and business analysts. It is predominantly remote with travel to York office.
You will be developing future-proof scalable web-based software through micro-services using Java and related technologies, as well as decoupled user interfaces using the React.js library, for a user base of in-house colleagues and independent retailers.
You will be accountable for the development of corporate applications and services using Java and related technologies, analysis of business requirements and design of appropriate solutions. In addition to providing strong technical leadership, direction and mentoring to the Java development team, you will need to liaise with other stakeholders in the business as appropriate.
What we can offer
- Up to £65k dependant on experience
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Career progression opportunities
- Contributory pension
- Predominantly remote, but you must be within commutable distance to York
- Private medical insurance
- Prior experience of technical leadership is desired
- Have a passion for Java, related technologies and software development as a whole
- Experience using cloud technologies
- Good working knowledge of Restful API
- Experience using React would be beneficial
- An excellent understanding of relational database management systems (ideally MySQL)
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences and have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline would be an advantage
For more information, contact Diana Soares on 07501 499662
Click here for more vacancies.Apply Now