SearchDATA Group is currently recruiting a Junior Data Scientist / Graduate Data Scientist for a growing data analytics consultancy with a UK wide presence.
The responsibilities of this role will be split 60% hands on coding and 40% providing support to a customer programmes. Our client’s Advanced Data Science team is one of the leading healthcare analytical teams in our space. Joining provides the opportunity to work with extremely complex data and methodologies in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
We are seeking highly motivated people who truly want to make a difference in the healthcare and life sciences industry. Our client combines data science, technology, and predictive analytics to deliver insights-driven solutions that improve human health. Through years of AI, ML and Data Science experience, we ensure that our healthcare and life sciences partners deliver optimal care, for optimal health outcomes.
We are looking for a collaborative, organised, intellectually curious and detail-oriented Data Scientist, with experience in applying machine learning methods to solve real-world problems with small teams, to join our remote team in the North of England with options to work in the London (Canary Wharf) Office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in in an organisation with over 60 health and life sciences clients, working on a range of healthcare datasets to help our clients answer specific questions, make more informed decisions and deliver results.
A typical day might include:
- Working with the team and client to shape and develop requirements for answering ambitious healthcare and life science questions
- Addressing those requirements by developing and applying appropriate ETL processes (for feature creation from our raw data) and machine learning methodology (for constructing predictive models in an unbiased manner).
- Researching machine learning techniques that could be used to improve our offering.
- Communicating technical concepts and analytical outputs to a diverse set of stakeholders (internal and external).
- Proactively identifying opportunities for innovation and areas for improvement across the workflow.
Ideally you will have:
- Undergrad degree or higher in a technical or scientific domain or experience working in a technical / consulting environment involving advanced analytics, preferably in a commercial setting.
- Strong scientific programming skills (ideally in Python, R and Jupyter Notebooks).
- Knowledge of predictive AI, ML or DS solutions
- Appetite for applying new and existing technologies to challenging problems in health care, i.e. motivated by solving the problem.
- Knowledge and practical experience of applying supervised machine learning methods, such as regularised regression, ensemble tree-based models (e.g. xgboost) and deep learning methods.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to deliver results to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to present technical concepts clearly (in writing, face-to-face discussions and on conference calls), write project analyses, pitch ideas effectively and persuasively to clients / internal stakeholders, etc.
- A proactive, innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving, and an ability to think critically and independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team.
Bonus points for:
- PySpark / big data experience.
- Experience of code development in collaborative environments (e.g. doing code reviews through pull requests).
- Knowledge of healthcare patient-level data.
- Knowledge of healthcare / life science issues.