Are you looking for stability and a welcoming and supportive work environment where you are well-rewarded for your work? With an employer that wants you to grow with them, encourages you to bring in new ideas and suggestions and wants you to have full ownership of your work?
This is the perfect opportunity for a driven individual looking to advance their career in a people-centric business: one of our most longstanding clients, a reputable Data consultancy in northwest London, wants to expand into the Microsoft BI stack arena and is looking to hire an experienced MS BI Consultant to get this function started.
This is a brand-new role, so this is a brilliant opportunity for you to come in, really make the role your own, take full ownership of your work and offer guidance on and help implement best practices. If you’re successful, in a year or two you could be recruiting people for this new function and building a team around you that you can manage!
They are a consultancy with an open-door policy to discuss your ideas, who encourage you to take on new responsibilities and encourage you to cross-learn and cross-train for your career development. They love fostering a friendly and sociable work environment and are proud to have staff with long tenures, as that’s the best possible proof of a nurturing and successful work environment.
Do you enjoy tackling diverse project-based work and are you client-focused, with a passion for tailored solution delivery? This role could well be a natural fit for you!
What’s in it for you?
A varied and challenging client-facing role that will allow you to experience various clients, industries, project types and deployment lengths.
A workplace that values your voice and encourages you to suggest new ideas and ways of thinking and operating.
Expected career progression opportunities and paths as you will be the first person in this new team, and therefore best placed to eventually build a team around you to manage it if you’re a high performer delivering projects to a high standard of quality.
What we can offer:
- Salary of up to £75k, depending on experience
- Performance-related bonus/commission
- Private health insurance
- Death in service assurance
- Group income protection
- Pension contribution (matched up to 5%)
- 20 days holiday and your birthday off, plus bank holidays
- A hybrid work arrangement – flexible depending on client needs and their requirements for how often they would like you to visit them onsite
- Provide onsite consultancy as required for multiple simultaneous clients and projects
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- The planning and delivery of all post-sale BI projects
- Database analysis and data modelling
- Design and creation of user interfaces and reports
- Software installation and configuration
- Development and testing of data extract scripts
- Data validation & assistance with User Acceptance Testing
- Logging and investigation of customer support issues and questions
- Work to customer schedules whilst meeting high standards for quality and professionalism
- Manage the balance of meeting customer expectations and needs while delivering projects to completion
- Management and development of in-house product range (in-house development and management of our own BI Templates for resale)
- Deliver training and workshops to clients
- Assist in the internal knowledge transfer within the business
Technical skills required:
- Microsoft Azure SQL Server
- Microsoft Data Factory
- Power BI
- Proven ability to implement software tools
- Proficiency in data and information management
- Experience in Microsoft Elastic Jobs, Powershell and Python is a bonus but not essential
Experience and personal attributes required:
- Full driving license and your own car
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills as this is a client-facing consultancy role
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work with every level of an organization, including exec level
- Experience of creating documentation
- Experience of delivering training and doing presentations to groups
- You are someone who can identify and understand customer needs and requirements to design a solution and offer consultancy throughout the process – you ask exploratory questions to understand the problem and then make relevant suggestions
- You are someone who thrives on using technology to solve problems and can articulate your solutions in an approachable and confident manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders