Are you someone with a curious and inquisitive approach to work, with the desire to learn more? Are you wanting to work on a range of complex projects? In a business that invests in their people? Then we may have the role for you!
SearchDATA group are looking for a Project Manager to join a fastpaced and fast-growing Logistics and Distribution company based in Manchester, with operations across the globe!
This is the perfect opportunity for a driven individual looking to advance their career in a people-centric business.
But what’s in it for you?
You will have a varied role as no two projects are the same, you’ll be given the opportunity to get involved across all areas of the business and gain a wide breath of experience and knowledge.
In this highly influential role with great presence and access to the full leadership team, you will be well positioned to bring new ideas / ways of thinking to the team.
Succession Planning is on the leadership agenda as huge importance is placed on progression for those that desire it!
· Salary up to £45k
· Company discretionary bonus scheme (this is
based on company and personal performance)- usually 12% but is defined each
· Hybrid working arrangement (2-3 days weekly in
· Company car allowance- £5.3k ·
Pension scheme (5% employer and 5% employee contribution)
· Life Assurance
· 33 days holidays incl bank holidays
· Company shares scheme – once a year you can buy
shares at a discounted rate and pay for these monthly over 3 years before
cashing them in or getting your saved money back.
· Benefits portal providing discounts to many
· Early finish Friday – shorten your lunch break
to 45 mins and finish an hour earlier on a Friday
- Managing the delivery on time, to budget and meeting the agreed customer requirements of multiple projects.
- Driving project decisions relating to scope, resources, timings, and budget.
- Schedules and chairs senior management reviews on a weekly basis.
- Establishing and agreeing clear roles and responsibilities to deliver a project and assigning tasks, ensuring everyone accepts their responsibilities and does contribute effectively.
- Ensuring project risks or issues are identified. Escalating issues that cannot be resolved to the project sponsor and Leadership Team as required.
- Ensuring changes in scope or timing are assessed and presented for approval to the sponsor and appropriate decision maker (including Managing Director) as required
- Creation of a high level and detailed project plan which is measured and reported against performance milestones and mitigations where required.
- Support workstream leads to ensure day to day interaction and management of commercial & Operational Projects including completion of all project governance from initiation to closure.
- Lead face to face meetings with customers and third parties, supporting in aligning their plans and communications.
- Lead the tender process ensuring all key stage gates and milestones are achieved and all tenders are submitted on time.
- Deliver project management training within the organisation to all new starters alongside PM team
Skills and knowledge desired:
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience
- Understanding of Project management methodology
- Formal certification preferred (but not essential) in implementation methodologies e.g., prince 2, Agile
- A basic understanding of GNFR and the general customer marketplace that we operate within
- Good knowledge of business processes
- Drive, enthusiasm, passion, resilience, and strong commercial acumen