SearchDATA group are recruiting for a QA Tester role within the development team of our clients industry-leading product. As a QA Tester, you will be an essential member of the team, responsible for ensuring the quality of various in-house developed systems within an agile scrum framework. Reporting to the QA Team Leader, you will be responsible for testing and quality assurance activities such as test planning, test case creation, execution, and reporting. This role requires a keen attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively within a team, and a strong understanding of software development lifecycles. If you are passionate about quality assurance and testing, our client invites you to join their dynamic team and help them deliver exceptional products to our customers.
As a member of the team, you will be expected to uphold the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct. Act with integrity always, ensuring that you adhere to the principles of due care, skill, and diligence. In addition, you will be expected to be open and co-operative with the FCA, the PRA, and other regulators, as the client believes in fostering a culture of transparency and accountability. Sometimes be expected to deal with customers and treat them fairly, ensuring that they receive the highest level of service possible. Finally, the client expects that you observe proper standards of market conduct, upholding the values and principles that are core to our business. They believe that by working together and adhering to these principles, they can achieve our goals while maintaining their reputation as a trusted and respected member of the industry.
- Utilisation of Azure DevOps to view user stories, change requests, bugs and define corresponding test cases ensuring maximum coverage.
- Work closely with the development and product teams by attending daily and weekly scrum meeting to fully understand the business requirements and software to be tested.
- Ensure new software and enhancements to existing software meets user requirements and adheres to user experience, security and UI standards.
- Testing/QA including production and execution of test cases.
- Contribute to production of release documentation.
- Suggest improvements to products and processes.
- Experience of software testing (preferably minimum of 2 years).
- Azure DevOps or equivalent.
- Visual Studio.
- Experience of testing web applications, including accessibility, cross browser and usability.
- Experience of API testing and tools.
- Experience of SQL.
- Experience of defining test cases.
- Knowledge of automated testing practices and tools.
- Has an understanding of load testing.
- Knowledge of C#.
- ISTQB Foundation or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Scrum framework.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Organised, methodical and excellent attention to detail.
- Good problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver within 2-week sprint cycles.