Are you looking for stability and a welcoming and supportive work environment? With an employer that wants you to grow with them, focuses on employee wellbeing and job satisfaction and prioritises promoting from within so you can achieve your career goals?
This is the perfect opportunity for a driven individual looking to advance their career in a people-centric business: one of our most longstanding clients, a multinational distribution and logistics giant, is looking to recruit a Sage X3-focused ERP Systems Specialist.
You will be responsible for supporting 3 major Sage Line 500 and Sage Line 1000 to Sage X3 migrations. This is a project-heavy role that will allow you to be responsible for the end-to-end ERP delivery, along with some ERP optimization and support involved as well.
It’s a really interesting and varied role that will also allow you to get involved in business analysis and solution design, as well as data modelling and transformation pieces.
Are you someone with a passion for problem-solving and solution design, process improvement, suggesting new ideas and ways of working and a desire to learn more and upskill? Someone with a collaborative mindset that enjoys delivering great service to colleagues who enjoys faster paced-environments and getting stuck in a variety of different projects? Driven and looking for a role with clear deliverables? This role could well be a natural fit for you!
What’s in it for you?
A varied and challenging role that will allow you to liaise with senior management and get involved in all areas of the business, as well as gain a wide breath of experience and knowledge in an incredibly nurturing and supportive environment.
You will be involved in major projects crucial to the future of the organization, and huge importance is placed on career progression for those that desire it – and being in a project-heavy role means your deliverables are clear and your success will be easy to measure!
What we can offer:
- A salary up to 55k
- A discretionary bonus scheme based on company and personal performance (defined each year, usually around 10-12%)
- A hybrid work arrangement – mostly remote role, around once a week in the office if you live within commutable distance to Salford, Northampton or Leicester. Being local to these areas is preferable, but there is some flexibility for the right candidate.
- A pension scheme of 5% employer and 5% employee contribution
- Company shares scheme – once a year you can buy shares at a discounted rate and pay for these monthly over 3 years before cashing them in or getting your saved money back.
- Life Assurance
- 33 days holidays (including bank holidays)
- Benefits portal providing discounts to many leading brands
Experience, skills and personal qualities desired:
• Strong technical Sage knowledge and experience – ideally Sage X3, but Sage Line 500 and 1000 will be considered
• Experience of delivering ERP system pieces through the full lifecycle – scoping, configuration, training / UAT, go-live and support
• Experience of Sage and ERP distribution: sales, purchase orders and works order processing
• Experience of data import/export and integration with third-party systems, batch jobs and tasks, SQL queries and updates, scheduled tasks, scripts and crons
• Ideally, experience of server management and installation, patching and upgrades
• Working knowledge of an industry standard IT Service Management tool
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- A high degree of attention to detail, thoroughness and a methodical approach to work. You work at a pace that matches the requirements of the business and you recognise the importance of timely completion of tasks
- An ability to listen and understand information, as well as presenting it in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical people.
- A collaborative approach and the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Self-reliance and a strong sense of initiative – you monitor and manage your time to ensure daily, and long-term objectives are met. You are someone who helps develop and improve and accepts additional challenges and responsibilities willingly and assists others
- Strong problem-solving skills – you proactively research and seek to understand problems, find and develop solutions, assess risks and impact on other systems, test and implement solutions, and then monitor and review effectiveness.
- Strong planning and organisation skills – you adapt well to changes and know how to use resources effectively. You are able to prioritise and execute competing activities, prioritise and delegate effectively. Together with line management you can set objectives, establishes priorities and develops plans, as well as arrange schedules and prioritise work to meet deadlines. You are willing to seek clarification and approval where appropriate before commencing new projects or working methods.
- A hands-on and flexible approach to working
- Knowledge of the logistics and distribution industry would be an advantage
- Carry out project scoping and documentation of systems
- Analyse business needs and determine solutions using standard or bespoke solutions
- Analyse and assist with the integration of third-party systems, including route-planning, carrier integration, electronic proof-of-delivery, postal invoicing and trading websites
- Setup and configure ERP systems for use by new businesses including screen amendments, reports, requestors, users and security
- Assist with data migration between the old and new systems
- Undertake full testing programmes, log, investigate and resolve any issues found
- Produce and update documentation of business processes and user guides
- Lead training sessions with end users and support them through initial use of the system
- Assist end users with testing, provide support and investigate issues
- Support project go-lives on-site across weekends and evenings
- Provide post go-live support to users, carry out further training, investigate issues and update stakeholders.
- Provide second-line support for ERP issues
- Deliver tasks on time
- Meet agreed quality standards
- Understand and implement the IT strategy
- Maintain project and service tracking systems
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation
- Follow department policies and procedures
- Share knowledge with colleagues and stakeholders