SearchDATA Group is currently recruiting a Senior DevOps Engineer for a SaaS startup creating a new best of breed Cloud Data Warehouse solution.
You’ll be joining a global team operating 100% remotely, contributing to the design, development and optimization of a truly ground-breaking product and a company that has received significant investment and media interest.
Our client is composed of several open-source projects and relies on a unique IP that boosts data analytics and enables full scalability and decoupling compute from storage.
they have Terraform as part of the application to dynamically provision AWS accounts, network infrastructure and workloads in reaction to clients activity.
The infrastructure is managed as code with Terraform/Kops/Helm and services are monitored using Prometheus Thanos Grafana and Loki. CI/CD is handled by a combination of CircleCI and ArgoCD in GitOps fashion to test and deploy code to production.
Our client is pushing to run everything on Kubernetes, stateless and stateful workload. They love CRDs and operators, and they also develop their own.
The SQL core teams work with C++. The backend teams work with Go, Python, Rust in order to create gRPC microservices exposing REST APIs and GraphQL interface.
Our client is also using CockroachDB, FoundationDB, Temporal and Kafka as application infrastructure. The frontend teams work with TypeScript, React, Redux + Apollo.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and extend the multi-regional multi-tenancy Kubernetes infrastructure
- Take part in the definition of the R&D ecosystem and ALM
- Provide solutions using open source technologies, fork, create PRs to upstream and develop missing tools from scratch where needed
- Design, build and maintain a highly available 24/7 cloud infrastructure of a high-scale Data Warehouse SaaS product
- Be a part of a DevOps team, taking part in on-call duties
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a DevOps SRE engineer
- 3+ years of experience with distributed systems running on AWS
- 2+ years of production experience with Kubernetes including using open source solutions from the eco-system
- 5+ years of experience with Linux, as well as TCP/IP, HTTP and other common network protocols
- 2+ years of experience with “Infrastructure as a code” tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Pulumi or similar
- 2+ years of experience managing Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Couchbase, MongoDB or similar
- Strong skills in shell scripting
- Skills with at least one of general purpose languages such as Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, Rust, C# or NodeJS
- Strong skills with a variety of monitoring and alerting tools
- A passion for learning, developing, monitoring, and provisioning systems that perform well at scale
- Strong attention to detail and quality control
- GitHub account
- BS/Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- AWS professional certification or similar
- CKA certification or similar
- Understanding of application security in a cloud environment
- Experience with CockroachDB and/or FoundationDB and/or Apache Pulsar
- Strong Kubernetes skills, experience with modern CNIs, volume plugins, security, operators, service meshes, ingresses and K8s ecosystem
- Experience with CNCF and CD foundation projects
For more information contact Jamie MacMillan on 07464285882
Job Type: Permanent
‘Genuinely open salary levels, excellent package + equity’
For all live vacancies visit https://searchdatagroup.co.uk/vacancies/Apply Now