Are you interested in joining a growing SAAS organisation? Are you able to take the lead on business-critical software development projects and strategy? Can you motivate and manage a team of technical experts?
SearchDATA Group is currently looking to recruit an experienced and hands-on Software Development Manager for a growing SAAS business that provides services to a number of high profile UK wide legal firms. This role could be a fantastic fit for a Team Lead or Technical Lead to move into a position of higher responsibility.
Reporting to the Group IT Director, this role will be responsible for the effective leadership, management and development of a number of Group IT Development Teams to deliver business objectives.
What we can offer
- Basic salary circa £60k
- Flexible working arrangements
- Holidays 25 + 8 Bank Holidays
- Paid days Birthday Holiday Day
- Life Assurance 2 x Annual Salary
- Pension Scheme – matched – up to 5%
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits: Holiday Trading, Pension
- City Centre Location
- Cheap City Centre Car Parking on site
- Free onsite drinks social event on the last Friday of each month
- Charity Social events
- 2 Free Annual Social events
- Proven track record of internal promotion
- Discounted Metrocard scheme
Key Responsibilities :
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of the IT strategy for the group and the development and implementation of the annual business plan for Technology function aligning business unit objectives with strategic objectives to ensure realisation of Company’s long term goals and to deliver profitable growth
- Input into the formation of IT budget
- Build strong, effective relationships with key stakeholders within the business to fully appreciate the business priorities and opportunities and then deliver robust solutions
- Evaluate changing business and the impact to the IT resources, priorities and budgets
- Model Company values in personal work behaviours, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Provide leadership/expertise for the group IT development teams
- Devise and deliver most efficient and effective IT solutions covering all aspects of systems to meet all aspects of the business needs and strategic goals
- Ensure the design, implementation and delivery of all software and product development projects are in accordance with group strategy and meet the required levels of information security and quality.
- Ensure all IT development projects are run effectively and meet agreed objectives and timescales and are regularly communicated to the business
- Regular communication and proactive involvement with the IT and business senior management team to mitigate risk in line with agreed timescales and costs
- Ensure a stable, secure IT environment that responds to the needs of internal and external clients
- Lead, develop, manage and motivate IT staff reports order to provide a professional service and add value to the group
- Production of monthly management / project reports as required
- Ensure all aspects of IT development complies with all legal and professional requirements and regulations
- Continual development of industry / marketplace knowledge
- Travel across the group companies is a key requirement
- Be open and co-operative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- A strong and demonstrable knowledge of case management and/or workflow systems.
- Experience of legal, insurance or banking sectors.
- Experience of working within a regulated environment (ideally ISO27001 certified business) including developing, documenting and implementing information security policies.
- A strong and demonstrable knowledge of systems development in a Microsoft technical architecture and development platform, particularly .NET C# and SQL-Server and/or IBM Informix Dynamic Server
- A strong and demonstrable knowledge of development methodologies including both Agile and Waterfall including a strong and demonstrable knowledge of SCRUM frameworks (please try to reference SCRUM in your application)
- A hands-on development background, including database design or a hands-on technical infrastructure background
- Experience of working within a structured change control process.
- Experience of leading and managing a small team of developers
- Proven senior IT management experience including advising key stakeholders at senior and board level
- Experience of leading an IT function that has delivered business critical projects within agreed timescales and budgets
- Commercial awareness
- Proven experience of leading the successful development and implementation of large complex programs/projects with cross-functional representation
- Well-honed influencing and negotiating skills; able to bring together disparate points of view; can bridge business and technical insights and perspectives
- A strong leader, able to build consensus, but can provide clear direction as appropriate in a challenging, growth environment
- The ability to effectively communicate in all forms at all levels within an organisation with tact and diplomacy and balance differing interests
- Ability to organise own time and prioritise workload
- A team player, able to build collaborative and effective working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Is aware of personal development needs and raises issues with manager to help improve effectiveness. Takes on board comments about development needs and is always willing to learn
Software Development Manager / Senior Software Developer / Software Architect / IT Development Manager
For more live vacancies visit https://searchdatagroup.co.uk/vacancies/Apply Now