SearchDATA Group are partnered with a Newcastle-based business that are striving to revolutionise wealth management by using technology to drive change and deliver innovative solutions that simplify financial planning. Their approach blends the best in qualified and regulated financial advice with technology that gives you the know-how of an expert investor in the palm of your hand.
In this role you will use T-SQL to manage and fine-tune databases, executing improvements as you track their performance.
This role allows for a balance of independent work as well as working with a successful and expert team. To measure your success, they assign you objectives and take into account the successful delivery of each individual project, how intuitively and quickly you respond to real- life issues, and your ability to work and share knowledge with others.
What makes this company different?
Working with our client will allow you to join their award-winning technology firm and influence their future technology.
Everyone is able to make themselves heard and take real ownership of their work. The fact that they have retained 100% of the original developers who built the technology from version 1 speaks for itself – they have a truly positive and supportive work culture!
They want you to fulfill your potential – they are not afraid of upskilling their staff, and they will support you with industry-specific training (whether you are onsite or working from home), often running training courses for everyone who would benefit from it.
Just as important – they will give you a clearly defined expectations and opportunities for development and career progression conversations, and don’t shy away from having open and honest conversations on the subject.
When it comes to career
progression, they don’t have any set deadlines
or qualifications required, and they allow you to make the position your own. If you perform well, have a good
work ethic, and show that you can
become a more senior member of the team, they will then reward you with
a promotion and additional reasonable responsibilities.
What are the requirements?
- Very strong SQL Server (SQL 2016) / Azure SQL database administration experience
- Strong practical experience of creating optimised procedures, tables, SQL server agent jobs and functions using T-SQL script, as well as providing solutions and workarounds to incidents/problems in script
- Capable of managing, maintaining, and supporting the group’s
SQL Server databases (around 1100 databases)
- Experience of and comfortable querying and maintaining very large databases (6TB) and partitioning large tables
- Experience of reading an execution plan with all details, cardinality estimate, logical reads, etc.
- Experience of database performance-tuning and the ability to assist software developers in the identification and resolution of performance bottlenecks
- Experience of query optimisation and database design optimization, and the ability to provide consultation to software developers on querying and table design (including index recommendation or script optimization)
- Experience of back-up/recovery of databases that include full, differential and log backup-ups
- Understanding of the failover clusters
- The ability to pro-actively research and recommend courses of action to improve database performance
- Working alongside software development teams, supporting and advising on best practice to maintain performance and availability
Desirable skills (or what you can upskill on)
- Experience of database migrations from on-prem to on-prem and/or cloud (Azure)
- Understanding of performance-tuning software like Solarwinds DPA
- Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics knowledge/experience