SearchDATA Group is recruiting a Systems Specialist for a supply chain management & distribution business based in Manchester.
We’re looking for a hands-on systems person wanting to be involved in the full system lifecycle, not afraid to roll their sleeves up when it comes to modifying and configuring business systems and not scared to think outside of the box.
You’ll be working alongside a knowledgeable team who will be there to support when needed whilst also being given the autonomy to take a lead role on business systems processes.
What we can offer
- Up to 50k, depending on experience
- 2 to 3 days a week remote working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Option to buy a further 5 and or carry over
- Share-save Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay (dependant on length of service)
- Personal Pension Plan
- Personal Benefits Portal – employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Early Finish Friday
- Comprehensive e-Learning and Development platform
- Long Service Awards
- Free Car Parking
- Develop using tools and coding in a variety of languages on existing and new applications.
- Develop Technical Specifications & Systems Architecture.
- Data modelling
- Liaison with software providers to agree and build new solutions and become the Subject Matter Expert for these from a Bunzl perspective.
- Integration of Bunzl applications with 3rd Party software/systems.
- Application of Change Management processes and involvement in Change Advisory Boards.
- Ensuring that all solutions meet statutory requirements regarding security and data protection.
- Application Testing
- Responsible for arranging, facilitating, unit testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing) for new functionality
Essential Skills and Experience
- A broad understanding of the way systems work within a business (ERP, WMS, work flow etc)
- Strong experience of database design and development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in SQL; queries; package; stored procedures; function; scripting; data management; data analysis; performance monitoring and tuning.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment.
- Full SDLC knowledge with appropriate testing methodologies.
- Data transformation
- Technical documentation
- Experience of C# /ASP.Net languages
- Experience of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience of developing in SSIS
- Experience in customer facing web-based applications.
- Knowledge of EDI methodologies, protocols and data formats.
- Willingness to work extra hours or help out in areas outside of role
- Use of initiative to ensure tasks are completed
- Supportive of manager and wider team goals and objectives.
- Work outside of standard hours & in alterative locations as required by the business (e.g. attend exhibitions)
- Carry out any reasonable request by the business
Want more live vacancies? click https://searchdatagroup.co.uk/vacancies/Apply Now