SearchDATA Group are looking for WMS Application Specialist to join one of our clients working in the Logistics and Distribution industry.
The WMS Application Specialist role is responsible for understanding business needs and leading the process to gather requirements, identify and/or design new WMS solutions, configure the WMS and ultimately oversee the final implementation including training and testing.
You will be working with other established systems analysts and business systems specialists within the organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody wanting to be involved in the full system life-cycle in a growing and developing business.
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary (£40-50k depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Option to buy a further 5 and or carry over
- Share-save Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay (dependant on length of service)
- Personal Pension Plan
- Personal Benefits Portal – employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Early Finish Friday
- Comprehensive e-Learning and Development platform
- Long Service Awards
- Free Car Parking
Software Modifications and configuration
- Assist with the roll-out of JDA Red Prairie Dispatcher across the division.
- Gather, agree and implement WMS requirements with business stakeholders/ third parties
- Assess other business impacts and un-intended impacts of change.
- Liaison with software providers to assist the implementation of automation and integration of other Business Systems.
- Designing scenarios for the testing of new system functionality
- Responsible for carrying out designed tests
- Responsible for discussing and reporting any faults with systems providers and retesting as required
- Responsible for arranging, facilitating and UAT (User acceptance testing) for new functionality
- Support of Training function for specialised areas as required
- Reporting on system adoption
- Creation of new and amendments where required
- An element of change/ Project Management
- Producing change documentation of any change to live system focussing on risk, business impact and provision of rollback method
- Data migrations
Essential Skills and Experience
- Min 3yrs experience in similar role of business support for Warehousing/Logistics solutions and system development is essential
- Experience in development and support of JDA Dispatcher WMS
- Involvement in a warehouse management software implementation/upgrade or a similar large scale projects would be advantageous
- Proactively managing business applications; working with databases; developing new business process; enhancing systems integration and business reporting
- Experience in SQL; queries; package; procedure; function; scripting; data management; data analysis; performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience in JDA i-reports
- Ability to plan and schedule work to meet business timescales and deadlines
- Experience of systems testing
- Experience of working within an Agile environment would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
For all current live vacancies visit https://searchdatagroup.co.uk/vacancies/Apply Now